Sunday, June 20, 2010

MOst Wanted

They say desire is the root cause of all evil -- I ain't sure what evil is in store for me -- but this definitely is the one thing I've desired most in all my life!

Yamaha MO6 - Studio-class Music Production Synthesizer

I bought this baby recently (I had to shell out every penny from all my savings of all the months I worked at my job!!!), took her home and have been spending all my time with her.

MO's more nifty and advanced for me than I'd thought -- I had to struggle a li'l to get any music out when I first got started with the MO. Slowly, but surely, I'm getting closer and closer to the instrument, and one day I hope to become one with it!

Here's a small scratch of the song Manathil from the movie Poonthalir I recorded and mixed at home.

The number's my mum's favourite and she readily agreed to render her voice!

(P.S. There's MOre to come!!!)


4 comments:

Viji said...

Very happy for you, Shiv. You have played it well and your mom's voice resemble P.Susheela's. Impatient to hear the full song.
Congrats! on your new Synth :)

Krishnan said...

Hi Shiva, Happy to read this entry and listen to the music. The music was good and your mom's voice too. Wish you a good days ahead with your "her".

Shivsu said...

Mum's delighted to hear your comments!!!

Keerthana said...

WoW! She should have sung more... This is too bad on your part to let her stop abruptly!